Head of UK Tax
As a specialist tax practice, with significant expertise in advising on cross-border and complex tax issues we are looking to recruit someone to lead our UK tax team. Role would suit an experienced tax specialist, with expertise in complex personal tax planning with an international flavour and a strong interest in leading a team. Reporting to our Head of Worldwide Tax in Australia, you will work with the Head of US tax and the Chairman and founder.
We are looking for an innovative tax consultant, able to develop a strong rapport with clients, and inspire confidence. A problem-solver who can demonstrate an ability to effectively navigate tax complexity including multiple tax jurisdictions. All this while maintaining an attention to detail, and nurturing the growth of the UK tax team, as a whole.
We are willing to be flexible on the details of the specific responsibilities fit the particular skill set of the right candidate who can help build on the reputation the firm has established as tax specialists over the last 30 years.
You will want to share in the particular ethos of the firm which expects to become majority owned by an Employee Ownership Trust in 2023.
Mentoring and inspiring the UK tax team
· Provision of pro-active tax planning advice
· Maintenance of high tax-technical standards across the UK tax practice
Required Skills and Experience:
· A CTA-qualified tax professional with a minimum of 4 years PQE
· Wide-range of experience in the provision of tax-planning advice to individuals
· Proven track-record within a professional services practice
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Expertise in advising on the interaction of the UK tax system with those of other jurisdictions
· An inspiring mentor for junior team members