In 2003 we launched our Professional Online Accounting Service under the banner “WebsterAccounts”. We are now delighted that this is the longest running Cloud Accounting solution in the UK. In those days the only way you could offer such a service was to invest heavily to build your own software. These days there are a range of different software products – but our own software which we now call “interlinkt accounting” is still going strong.
Whether you use our in-house or one of the alternatives e.g. Xero you still get the same benefits that we envisaged when building the UK’s first true online solution. The reality is that different people have different preferences when it comes to software – so we make it easy to use any of the main products.
WebsterAccounts was designed to allow you to easily record all your business transactions throughout the year – saving time and money when it comes to preparing the final accounts at the end of the year.
An online system is suited to those clients who wish to take more day to day control over managing their own accounts within their business. Training and support is given to clients who sign up to use the online system whichever product you use. Our belief in online accounting has not waivered over the years and the benefits now are still those we offered in the beta version in 2002 and the fully branded solution offered from 2003.
- Data is entered once and is then available to both the business and its accountant. You can also give an offsite bookkeeper access to the system. You can all examine the data simultaneously and the accountant can advise on how to enter transactions correctly, leading to long-term savings in accountancy time correcting errors or omissions.
- No need to back-up data – this is dealt with centrally. For additional reassurance there will soon be a facility to extract all your own transactions from the database into a spreadsheet.
- The only piece of software you will need is an internet browser
- The reports facility means that you can call up the information you want at any time in order to assist with your planning and forecasting.
- The software is not platform-specific. You can access your online accounts using a PC, a Mac or even a web-enabled personal organiser from anywhere in the world, making it particularly useful for regular business travellers.