Capital Gains Tax, also known as CGT, applies to any gains you make, whether personal or business, when you sell a capital asset such as land, buildings or investments.

For example when you sell your business, or a second home (your main home is exempt from CGT) CGT will apply to your net overall gain. How that gain is calculated differs whether the gain is made by an individual or a business. To guide you through this rather complex area and advise you on the best ways to ensure you pay no more CGT than is necessary, websters offers both personal and business CGT advice.

websters can provide specialist CGT advice in respect of

  • investments qualifying under EIS and SEIS
  • availability of entrepreneur’s relief  and business asset rollover relief
  • transferring part beneficial interests in property